Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Bringas Brothers ... From Bansalan to the Whole World


Yes, they came from Bansalan. They make make our town popular not only in our country but around the world. Last July 9, 2011, ABS-CBN’s Pilipinas Got Talent Season 3 featured the Bringas brothers (Jefferson and Kurt Bringas), as they performed Peter Cetera hit "After All' and were successfully accepted during the Mindanao audition. These two brothers are acoustic musicians from Bansalan, Davao Del Sur, Philippines. But along with their great talent, lies a moving story that would touch everyone’s heart. Kurt Bringas got a stage-four bone cancer and his left leg was amputated when he was 19. According to the doctors then, the cancer had already spread in his major organs and told him that he had only one month to live. He is now 25 and considers the incident as a miracle. As Kris Aquino stated, these guys will definitely become stars.
Two more semi-finalists successfully made it to the Grand Finals of ABS-CBN's reality based talent search, Pilipinas Got Talent (PGT) Season 3. Bringas Brothers of Bansalan, Davao del Sur garnered 36.96% of the total text and online votes to secure the 5th slot for the final round.

Kurt and Jefferson, the “Acoustic Duo,” performed an Extreme hit song “More Than Words” during the performance night on Saturday, September 24, 2011.

1 comment:

ohrelle said...

I planned to research about the lives of Kurt and Jefferson Bringas the very night I saw them perform on stage and sang "After all”. At first I thought it was their voices that drew me in, but something in me made me realize that it's more than just that. It was Jefferson's never ending love for his brother and Kurt's story that really caught my attention, His battle against Cancer.
When I found out that he is single, not in a relationship probably due to his amputated leg, I felt bad. I'm a nurse, have a family member with Cancer and I perfectly understand what he is going through. if given a chance to meet them in person, I definitely wanna make friends with them and I'll let Kurt know that not because he is physically incomplete does it mean no one's gonna love him. I totally understand how it feels to be loveless when you know you have a heart, not only a heart, but a BIG heart ready and excited to love.
Kurt, I know that God will send someone to love you in his time. Jefferson, thank's for being such a loving brother to Kurt. I don't know you guys personally but for sure you made an impact in my life. I feel blessed to find someone like both of you and I really wanna meet you guys in person. keep inspiring others!
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! - pinkstar_0888@yahoo.com