Sunday, December 27, 2009

Flame swallows Bansalan Public Market





Just a moment ago, I became a witness of a fire incident that hits Bansalan Public Market at arount 5:55 in the afternoon. At first, I thought it was only a fireworks display, but as I went to the public market area, I noticed that the place was covered with flame. Eyewitnesses said that the fire accident started at the place where the firecrackers were displayed fronting the main building of the Bansalan Public Market. I immediately called up rescue units from the provincial headquarters. I also delivered breaking news to 94.3 DXDA Digos Charm Radio.

It so happened that the 91.1 khz Bansalan FM is on test broadcast, so I took the opportunity to deliver live report to the whole municipality of Bansalan. Minutes later fire volunteers from other municipalities in the province of Davao del Sur came to the scene.

Sad to note that on this 27th day of December 2009, the main building of Bansalan Davao del sur was turned into ashes. Authorities are still investigating the cause of the tragedy. The destruction covers the Bansalan Public Market Main Building fronting bus terminal, excluding the fish and meat section.

2 comments:

tonton said...

grabe noh!
na.ugdaw jd

Kaelel said...

I was really surpised by the news. Grabe! I saw some of the photos and videos and it can really create huge fire!